Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thank You, Carl!

For my birthday this year, Carl sent me some wonderful gifts: a book called Tales from Outer Suburbia by Shaun Tan, a beautiful blank book from Paperblanks with a copy of one of my poems in the front, and two beautiful postcards by Anne-Julie Aubry (one of my favorite artists!). Wasn't that really nice of him?!! I've started writing in the journal, but I haven't read the book yet. It sounds very good, though, and I can't wait to get to it! Thank you so much, Carl!!! I will be sending you a Thank-you card soon!

3 comments:

chrisa511 said...

That is so cool!!! I just read Tales from Outer Suburbia and it was FANTASTIC! You'll love it Annie. And I love the Anne Julie-Aubrie prints :)

Anna said...

Happy birthday! Those are great gifts.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Carl V. Anderson said...

You are super welcome! I'm glad everything arrived safe and sound. I'm sure you probably have other journals, but in the off chance that you didn't I had to send you one. With writing as great as yours I certainly want to be one of the ones encouraging you to keep it up!