Thursday, November 08, 2007

Guardians of Ga'Hoole Book Eight: The Outcast (book review)

This book is from my Four-legged Friends Challenge list.

Guardians of Ga'Hoole Book Eight: The Outcast, by Kathryn Lasky, is the story of a young Barn Owl named Nyroc. He has fled from his mother, Nyra, a tyrant who rules the Tytonic Union of Pure Ones. This is a group of evil owls who long to take over the owl world. Nyroc yearns to go to the Great Ga'Hoole tree, where noble owls study and fight the Pure Ones. However, first he must fulfill his destiny by heading to the dark place filled inhabited by warring dire wolf clans and volcanoes spewing fire--Beyond the Beyond.

This was the eighth book in the series, but only the second one that featured Nyroc. I enjoyed some of the books more than others. This was one of the better ones. Maybe I feel that way because there were wolves in it, and wolves are my favorite animal. The wolves had a little Macbeth theme going; a lot of their names were characters from the play. I thought that was interesting since I just read Macbeth!

I give this book 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments: