Hi everyone! As you probably know, it's only a week until the next read-a-thon. I'm going to do what I did last year to help me weed the list down. I'll post the first sentence from each book (and if it's a graphic novel, the first sentence on the back cover), and you choose the ones that you think sound most interesting. Even if you know what book the sentence comes from, judge only from the sentence!!! Ready?
1. The wolves of the Long Lake Pack, gorged on a careless mountain sheep, slept as they digested their meal.
2. The sunlight, for a brief moment, seemed to flare upon the meadow, casting an orange glow about the pale brown grasses.
3. John Colter gallops into camp, jumps off his horse, and shouts, "Seaman? Good Lord! Is that really you? We thought you were dead!"
4. In my house the early bird didn't get the worm.
5. Welcome to Faeries' Landing, a place where the real world and the Faerie realm collide.
6. Later, I would think of it as crossing over.
7. What's your sign?
8. Stacy Brown dealt the cards into the sloppy stacks in the back seat of the red station wagon.
9. Azuri is the mermaid princess and the only royal heir of the Orcans, a race of whale-mer-people that lives in a magical environment deep within the ocean.
10. The sun slid down towards the tops of the trees.
11. Moonlight washed over us, washed over Lucas and me.
12. Just when I thought my day couldn't get any worse I saw the dead guy standing next to my locker.
13. The cats are back, and a new Mew is about to emerge!
14. The engine screamed as the driver, both hands round the gear stick, forced the transport truck up into third.
15. The main building at Camp Megunticook was called Penobscot Lodge.
16. "I'm tired of remembering," Hannah said to her mother as she climbed into the car.
17. On a muggy August day, Seth hurried along a faint path, eyes scanning the lush foliage to his left.
18. I like to play games.
19. There was once a kindly old wizard who used his magic generously and wisely for the benefit of his neighbors.
20. SCRITCH, SCRITCH, SCRITCH.
That's all! Have fun choosing!