Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wild Magic (book review)

Wild Magic, by Tamora Pierce, is the first in the epic Immortals series. The heroine, Daine, has always had a knack with animals, but it is not until she joins up with the horse trader Onua that she learns it's magic. With her wild magic, Daine can talk to animals and make them obey her. She travels with Onua to the city of Tortall, where she becomes an apprentice to the mage Numair. When war threatens Tortall, she is the only one who can save herself...and everything she holds dear. But Daine has a dark secret to hide, a secret that drove her from her home in the first place. What will happen when it comes to light?

I enjoyed this book as much as the first two I have read by this author. I love her writing and I can't wait to get my hands on Wolf-Speaker, the second book in the Immortals quartet. The characters were funny and engaging, and Daine's unique kind of magic made the book even more interesting. I would recommend this book to animal lovers, fans of the author, or anyone who is looking for a good read.

This book was for the First in a Series Challenge.

No comments: