Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Black Gryphon (book review)



The Black Gryphon is a fantasy by Mercedes Lackey and Larry Dixon. It was about the mythical creature the gryphon. In the story, there is a war going on between two mages, Ma'ar and Urtho. One of the war's greatest heroes is the Black Gryphon, Skandranon Rashkae. But when Skan is sent on a mission and doesn't return, his closest friend Amberdrake, a Healer from the Kaled'a'in people, starts worrying. Skan is always home on time. Is it the end of the Black Gryphon?

I believe the book could use more action, but overall it was a good fantasy. Someday I might read the next book in the series, The White Gryphon, but there are other books that I'm definitely planning to read first.

I give this book 7 out of 10 stars.

The Once Upon a Time Challenge: one book down, four to go.

4 comments:

Jean said...

One book down, four to go? I guess you wrote your review before you added the next set of books to the list. What fun, though! Since you're on soring break this week, I hope you're reading your challenge lists and not the school one. You've got some great books chosen. Some of them, my kids and/or I have enjoyed; others, I've never heard of but might look into.

booklogged said...

Good review, Annie. Since you didn't care for this book that much I think I'll not bother reading it.

Kailana said...

That's sad that this book did not go over well, Lackey is a great author with her other books. Don't let this be your deciding factor on whether you will read others or not!

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
LAN
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes