Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It is finally here!


I have been waiting so long for the Once Upon A Time II Challenge, and now it's here! This is my list:

Water: Tales of Elemental Spirits by Robin McKinley and Peter Dickinson

A Wolf at the Door and Other Retold Fairy Tales by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling

What-the-dickens: The Story Of A Rogue Tooth Fairy by Gregory Maguire

Horns & Wrinkles by Joseph Helgerson

100 Cupboards by N. D. Wilson

Beauty by Robin McKinley

The Animals of Farthing Wood by Colin Dann

The Map That Breathed by Melanie Gideon

Bright Shadow by Avi

The Arkadians by Lloyd Alexander

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

The Pirate and the Princess Book 1: The Timelight Stone by Mio Chizhuru

Ranger's Apprentice: The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan

Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer

Dogsbody by Diana Wynne Jones

The Dark Is Rising: Greenwitch by Susan Cooper

The Dark Is Rising: The Grey King by Susan Cooper

The Dark Is Rising: Silver On The Tree by Susan Cooper

Ratha's Creature: The First Book of the Named by Clare Bell

Tales of the Borderlands: Northlander by Meg Burden

Charmed Life by Diana Wynne Jones

Warriors, Gods, and Spirits from South and Central American Mythology by Douglas Gifford

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare

Edited to add (3/25/08):

Diary of a Fairy Godmother by Esme Raji Codell

Mimus by Lilli Thal

Gregor and the Marks of Secret by Suzanne Collins

Edited to add (4/10/08):

Physik by Angie Sage

Back to the Divide by Elizabeth Kay

Icefire by Chris D'Lacey

The Valley of Secrets by Charmian Hussey

Un Lun Dun by China Mieville

Dragons: The Greatest Stories by varied authors

Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesner

Edited, yet again, to add (4/19/08):

Rebel Angels by Libba Bray

Edited to add (4/21/08):

New Moon by Stephanie Meyer

Again (5/1/08):

Once Upon a Time in the North by Philip Pullman

Dragonsdale by Salamandra Drake

The Rivers of Zadaa by DJ MacHale

Gregor and the Code of Claw by Suzanne Collins

Enna Burning by Shannon Hale

6 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I'm so thrilled that you are joining in again. Wouldn't be the same without you. Great list. Knowing you you'll tear through these and alot more during the next 3 months! :)

Ana S. said...

That's a fantastic list, Annie. Like Carl said, I'm sure you will read them all and some more!

I haven't read The Arkadians, but I'm happy to see that you are giving Lloyd Alexander another chance despite your bad experience with Prydain. And I'm thrilled to see some Diana Wynne Jones in there!

Happy reading :)

DesLily said...

goodness that's a long list! I keep looking at Horns and Wrinkles and 100 Cupboards, so I will be very interested in hearing your reviews on those!

Debi said...

Carl V.--
I'm so excited to start, and I can't wait until Friday!

Nymeth--
It's true, I didn't like that one, but I read Time Cat and really enjoyed it! These will be my first Diana Wynne Jones books, but I bet they'll be really good!

Deslily--
It is a long list, but I couldn't weed out any so I'm going to read them all! I think Horns and Wrinkles and 100 Cupboards will be good, but I'm not totally sure yet.

--Annie

chrisa511 said...

Awesome list Annie! I've been wanting to read 100 cupboards..looks like a cool book and I love the cover. Just has a really cool premise. And I've been wanting to try some Diana Wynne Jones for awhile too, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts on that. Have fun!! I'm sure you will :)

Debi said...

Chris--

I really liked the cover, too!

--Annie