Monday, January 19, 2009

Fruits Basket Book Two (book review)

Fruits Basket Book Two, by Natsuki Takaya, is the story of orphan Tohru Honda, and the enigmatic Sohma family. Three of the Sohmas-- Shigure, Kyo, and Yuki--have taken Tohru in, and they have let her know their terrible secret. Several of the members of the family are possessed with the vengeful spirits of the animals of the Zodiac, and whenever one of those people is weak or is hugged by a member of the opposite sex, they transform. Tohru has promised to keep their power a secret, but will she be able to when her best friends come over to spend the night? Especially when one of them is a psychic?

I enjoyed this book a great deal, but not as much as the first one. It was a bit more confusing, but other than that it was a wonderful story!

I give this book 3.5 out of 5 stars.

This book is for the Manga Challenge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the next will be better, I hope so!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I love this series!
Have you seen the anime? It's pretty good. But if you don't want to spoil the manga, then I suggest you dont watch it until you're past volume.. 10ish. =)