Sunday, August 09, 2009

Little (Grrl) Lost (book review)


Little (Grrl) Lost, by Charles De Lint, is the story of two very different girls, TJ and Elizabeth. TJ has just moved from her farm to the Newford suburbs, and she misses her old friends, school, and most of all her beloved horse Red. Elizabeth is a punked-out runaway Little, a six-inch-tall girl trying to find her place in the world. They soon forge a strong friendship, but when some bullies unknowingly kidnap Elizabeth after stealing TJ's backpack, the two find themselves separated. They will have to figure out how to make it on their own in two different worlds.

This was a very good book. It dragged in a few places, but for the most part I couldn't put it down. There were a ton of cliffhangers and I always wanted to know what happened next. The main characters were very different from one another, and I enjoyed hearing the story from both points of view. I am definitely interested in checking out more of De Lint's books.

This book was for the Random Reading Challenge.

8 comments:

Kailana said...

I had planned to read this, but apparently someone permanently borrowed it from the library. I will have to buy it one of these days. Hope you enjoy your other reads by him. :)

Sharry said...

I toyed with reading this for a while! I've never read Charles De Lint before and I love reading fantasy. I must get my hands on of his works one day!

Sharry said...

I toyed with reading this for a while! I've never read Charles De Lint before and I love reading fantasy. I must get my hands on of his works one day!

chrisa511 said...

I had a feeling you would enjoy this one Annie!! I thought it was really good! The Blue Girl is another one that I think you'd really like!

Debi said...

Kailana--

I think it's a book that's worth buying definitely!

Sharry--

I've only read one of his other books, Wolf Moon. I thought it was pretty good, but i liked this one better.

Chris--

My mom has The Blue Girl but I haven't read it yet...

--Annie

Carl V. Anderson said...

I'm about half way through this and really need to get on with finishing it. I've enjoyed it so far.

Anonymous said...

Very nice information. Thanks for this. Please come visit my site Anchorage Yellow Page Business Directory when you got time.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog on google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep up the good work. Look forward to reading more from you in the future. Please come visit my site Buffalo Yellow Page Business Directory when you got time