Tuesday, September 11, 2007

an update



I've decided to change my reading list a little bit. I read nearly 100 pages in The Beast of Noor, and I couldn't get into it. I'm going to substitute it with Midnighters: The Secret Hour by Scott Westerfield instead.

So here's my updated list:
*Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
*The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
*MacBeth by William Shakespeare
*Scary! 2 edited by Peter Haining
*The Sight by David Clement Davies
*The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
*Vampire Plagues Book One: London, 1850 by Sebastian Rook
*The Best of Poe: The Tell-Tale Heart, The Raven, The Cask of Amontillado, and 30 Others
*The Bartimaeus Trilogy Book Two: The Golem's Eye by Jonathan Stroud
*The Bartimaeus Trilogy Book Three: Ptolemy's Gate by Jonathan Stroud
*The Beasties by William Sleator
*Midnighters: The Secret Hour by Scott Westerfeld
*The Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson
*The Cronus Chronicles Book One: The Shadow Thieves by Anne Ursa
*The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien
*The House with a Clock in Its Walls by John Bellairs

5 comments:

Jean said...

Wow! I think I would have quit before 100 pages. That's a long way to go to decide it doesn't appeal. I must admit that I usually make up my mind in the first 10 pages or so whether something is going to suit my tastes.

Carl V. said...

If I remember right, Midnighters is set in a real town that is a suburb of Tulsa where I used to live. I'll be interested in your review.

Debi said...

Jean--

I think I had already decided within the first 50 pages, but I decided to give it another chance.

--Annie

Debi said...

Carl V.--

I didn't know that! Thanks for telling me!

--Annie

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
LAN
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes