Thursday, April 17, 2008

Gregor and the Marks of Secret (book review)


In this exciting sequel to Gregor and the Warmbloods by Suzanne Collins, Gregor and his sister Boots once again find themselves in the mysterious Underlands. The young queen Luxa needs his help. Her friends, the nibblers (giant mice) are being murdered by the rats, and it seems that war is inevitable if they want to save them. Gregor, Boots, Luxa, and their companions embark on a journey to the mysterious Firelands to see if they can save the mice in time. But it is dangerous, and some of them will die on the trip. Will they be able to keep going, or will they be forced to watch the mice meet their end?

This book was perhaps the best of them all so far. The plot was more complex, and the book more serious. I will be disappointed when this series is over, but I am excited to read the final book!

3 comments:

Somer said...

Annie, I got to see Suzanne Collins speak on Tuesday, along with several other YA authors. She's pretty awesome!

Debi said...

Somer--

Wow! I wish I was there!

--Annie

Carl V. Anderson said...

I hope the next one comes out quickly for you (or is it out already?) I can barely keep up with what is coming out anymore despite the fact that I am in the bookstore constantly.