Friday, April 25, 2008

Nobody's Princess (book review)


Nobody's Princess, by Esther Friesner, is a fictional story about Helen of Sparta. She isn't like her prissy sister, Clytemnestra. Instead, Helen takes an interest in sword-fighting, riding, and archery. When she is called away to a foreign land, Helen takes the time to learn more and more about her abilities and also make many friends (as well as enemies). She takes part in a boar hunt, serves as a weapons-bearer, and does many other things she never would have imagined in her wildest dreams!

This book pulled me in from beginning to end! Helen was a funny character, not at all what you picture when you think of a princess! I am eagerly awaiting the sequel right now, although I have more than enough to read!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I've got the sequel sitting in my tbr pile! I can't wait to get to it. I'm sure I will (hope I will) for this challenge. :)

Unknown said...

I really enjoy Helenic literature. Can't wait to get my hands on this one. Thanks for reviewing it!