Monday, May 14, 2007

The Nancy Drew Files (book review)



The Nancy Drew Files by Carolyn Keene is actually three books in one: The Wrong Chemistry, Out of Bounds, and Flirting With Danger.

In The Wrong Chemistry, Nancy Drew, female detective, goes undercover at a college to investigate the disappearance of a possibly dangerous chemical. But it's clear someone doesn't want her there. Will Nancy pull through and solve this mystery?

In Out of Bounds, Nancy and her friends investigate the strange behavior of some professional football players. Are they just worn out, or is something more going on?

In the final story, Flirting with Danger, a rich movie star's daughter is kidnapped. Nancy discovers some secrets about the girl's past that were best left undiscovered...

All three of these books were suspensful, funny, and frightening. I loved them, and I can't wait to read more Nancy Drew books!

All three of these books were 9 out of 10.

The Spring Reading Thing reading challenge: 14 books down, 16 to go.

3 comments:

Jean said...

You know, I never really liked Nancy Drew books, but I loved Hardy Boys books. I wonder if this was because I was a tomboy, and I thought that the Nancy Drews were too girly.

You're halfway through one of your challenges. Way to go! I've been working on the same book (The Time Traveller's Wife) for over a week, though I did read The Little Prince last weekend in one sitting ... on an exercise bicycle.

Debi said...

Jean--

I haven't read any Hardy Boys yet, but I do read Trixie Belden, that's not as girly, Trixie's a tomboy.


--Annie

Jean said...

I remember Trixie Belden! And the Bobbsey Twins! And the very first (I think) mystery series I ever read, the Happy Hollisters. I don't think those are even around any longer; at least I've never seen them anywhere since I've supposedly been an adult. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I haven't thought of some of these in years!