Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Swordbird (book review)

Swordbird is a fantasy by twelve-year-old author Nancy Yi Fan. It is the story of a war between the cardinals and the bluejays of Stone-Run Forest. Legend has it that only Wind-Voice, a dove with great powers and a flashing sword, can restore the peace. But can Wind-Voice come in time to save the forest's birds?

I really liked this story! It was a fast read, but a really good one. The only problem that I had with the story was that it was woven together a little bit fast. Overall, I'd have to say that it was a really great story though.

I give this book a nine out of ten!

(This wasn't for one of the reading challenges.)

6 comments:

Jean said...

Written by a 12-year-old? Wow! Do you think an adult would have told the story differently? I just read The Little Prince (for the first time, I am sad to admit) and have been doing a lot of thinking about how kids and adults view the world differently.

Fuzface said...

I personaly, did not like this book. It was too simple. I like deep, complex, dark stories. Like Dracula. And stuff by Edgar Alan Poe. :-) It was a little too peaceful for my liking.

Queteness said...

I think the value of the book is its simplicity because it is written by a kid for kids and it will touch kids' hearts.

Debi said...

Jean--

An adult definitely would have told the story differently! They would have tried to make it more complex, but I liked it how it was.

--Annie

Darth Petra, Hegemon of Gondor said...

I HATE THIS BOOK. It was terribly cliched, and predictable. Miltin's death scence was laughable, and the charactes were two dimensional. Does anyone else hate it, or is it Just me? I will destroy the author with a sonic boom.

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
LAN
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes