Friday, May 11, 2007

Pendragon Book 5: Black Water (book review)



Black Water, by DJ MacHale, is the 5th book in the exciting series, Pendragon. In the story, 15-year-old Bobby Pendragon travels through a magical portal to the jungle world of Eelong to save it from destruction. Eelong is the 5th territory of Halla, the universe. And it is Bobby's job to save it, because he was born as a Traveler, someone destined to protect Halla from evil. On Eelong, the jungle territory, a group of cat people rules supreme over humans. But an evil demon is about to turn things topsy-turvy on Eelong and lead it to destruction by spreading an awful plague. Only Bobby and his friends can stop him, but if they choose to save Eelong, their choice might destroy every other being in Halla.


This was a very good story, as are all the others in this series! I can't wait to read the next one!


I give this book 9.5 out of 10 stars.

The Spring Reading Thing reading challenge: 9 books down, 21 to go.

5 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

i'm happy to see that you're running a little behind pace on your list too! 30 books seemed so do-able when i made my list - but i guess "life" as interfered somewhat. :o)

do you mind if i put a link to you on my book blog?

Jean said...

This one, like Swordbird, sounds as though it could have been counted in the Once upon a Time challenge as well. Did you have a hard time deciding which lists to use for certain books? It's fun, isn't it, to read a variety of types of books. You never get bored that way. You might read some books that aren't as good as others, but you won't get bored.

Debi said...

Jean--

It really was hard to decide which lists to put each book on. I put lots of fantasy books on my Spring Reading Thing Challenge. I don't know why.

--Annie

Jean said...

I just hope you don't overdose or read too much fantasy. I read so much science fiction when I was in graduate school that I still have trouble reading it. It has to be really, really, REALLY good science fiction to interest me these days. Like Ender's Game, which I think you would really like. If you haven't read it yet, I might have to keep it in mind for a Christmas present. It is supposedly the most stolen book in middle school libraries. The sequels are not as good (some are better than others), but the original sort of blew me away. It was that good.

Nicole said...

I love the post!!!! I just finished book 5 today!!! I can't wait to read the next one. I agree with every word you said except you left out how the call humans gars! *jean* what is the book swordbird about?